1550 Idle Speed

super99

I know several guys on here have 1550's, what speed does yours idle at?? The operators manual says 450 rpm. Mine seems happy about 750 rpm, when it gets below that it wants to sputter and die. I can idle along at 500 rpm in 6th gear and it runs smooth, push the throttle and it picks up speed OK, but just setting idling, it lopes and wants to die. I've cleaned out the carb 3 times and it will run good for a day or so and then doesn't want to idle slow. I'm trying to remember, I think I put one in a crock pot full of vinegar and cooked it overnight to clean it out, I guess that is the next step. I can squirt carb cleaner thru all of the holes but just can't get the idle where I want it to be, Every time I start it I have to choke it, even when warm. It runs great above 1000 rpm.

I set mine according to the book but that speed seem too slow. I have a TSX 810 which is not original. I bead blasted it when I first had it but it seems like the idle mixture screw has little to no effect on how it idles.

Had one 30 years ago. It would idle down to 450 and run smooth as a top. Don't know how it is these days. Good luck getting it sorted.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back