155D green clutch replacement

PAFrank

New User
Should I have throwout bearing springs on a 155D green, s/n 54171? The Parts List manual I have does not show them on page 79. The video on clutch replacement by Hoye (Aaron) breifly mentions putting the springs on but the was working on a red model in that video. Thanks.

Looks to me like the only spring is item 54, part number 194200-22380

Attachments

• 2024-04-01-114453.jpg
    2024-04-01-114453.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 21
Thanks BMaverick. Any ideas where I might buy these springs? My searches so far have come up empty. I can get other clutch parts but not these springs.

Thanks BMaverick. Any ideas where I might buy these springs? My searches so far have come up empty. I can get other clutch parts but not these springs.
The spring wire size is listed in the part number column. Obtaining the materiel is not the hard part. What is hard, knowing what diameter to wrap the wire around to make these two springs, and for them to be identical. It's not impossible should you have at least one of the springs to reference.

0.9mm (diameter) x140mm (long) is the wire info.

The springs on one side of their loop need to fit into item-45. This will keep those spring legs held in place on the one side. Item-44 fits over item-45. Both are 28mm long. Then item-44 is pressed into item-X33.

The parts diagram doesn't show where or how the other legs fit onto. Maybe some shelf in the bell-housing?

Hey, I noticed something. Look at the lower most left of the parts image. I see a phantom part of the item-X33 right there. I would then assume the other spring legs fit to help with the external lever.

Your 2610 doesn't have that type of spring. I have looked at numerous spring manufacturers and I have concluded that is a version of a torsion spring. No idea where to find one. I would suspect finding a used one is going to be the best bet.

I found this picture on a video from Hoye Tractor about replacing the clutch on these small Yanmar tractors. I have the throwout bearing carrier and can guestimate the size of those two springs based on how they relate to the carrier in the picture. I found another video online that shows how these springs connect on the other end in a compartment under the steering post. If I can't find a replacement part I'll buy something very close in size or make a set myself. These look a little like the springs on my lawn tractor mower deck that are used to keep the belt tensioned.
Thanks for all of your replies and help. I appreciate you time and expertise.

Attachments

• Yanmar clutch springs.PNG
    Yanmar clutch springs.PNG
    114.4 KB · Views: 13
Now for the bad news. I checked my throwout bearing carrier last night and it does not look like the one in the picture I posted above with the springs. It looks just like the one in the parts diagram Bmaverick posted above as part # x29. My part # x33 has wire holding onto the arm that comes in from the clutch pedal. I don't think I have springs for the throwout bearing carrier now. I think the two ears on x33 fit into the two channels on the side of x29 and the clutch pedal spring is what pulls the throwout bearing back when the clutch pedal is released.

Now for the bad news. I checked my throwout bearing carrier last night and it does not look like the one in the picture I posted above with the springs. It looks just like the one in the parts diagram Bmaverick posted above as part # x29. My part # x33 has wire holding onto the arm that comes in from the clutch pedal. I don't think I have springs for the throwout bearing carrier now. I think the two ears on x33 fit into the two channels on the side of x29 and the clutch pedal spring is what pulls the throwout bearing back when the clutch pedal is released.
if you ever need the manuals, they are free on the YTOG.

Do you not have spring #53? Seems to me you should have. Parts list calls it a wire.

Winston-HT - I have two pieces of wire that run through the x33 part and through the shaft that x33 is on that is connected to the clutch pedal. Those two wires are wrapped through the center hole and across the top and twisted together. That wire is what holds x33 onto the shaft connected to the clutch pedal. I'll get a picture and post it.

I took some pictures of what the x33 looks like and the wires and pins # 44 and 45 that connect x33 to the bar connected to the clutch pedal. When I push in the clutch pedal that X33 part rotates forward about 40 degrees. When I let the pedal spring return the clutch pedal the x33 rotates back to a vertical position.
I still need to remove the steering column so I can grab the coupler and inspect inside that cavity. Aaron at Hoye said my symptoms sounded like the coupler had broken. I hope that is the case because I bought another one of them when I bought the clutch parts.
This is the deepest I have ever ventured into a machine before. I wanted to see if I could split it and replace the clutch parts and fix my problem. The splitting part was accomplished so far. I'm float stocking trout tomorrow for the PA Fish and Boat Commission but next weekend I should be able to check the coupler and start replacing parts and putting the mighty Yanmar back together. I love this little tractor.
Bmaverick - I have about 5 different manuals for the 155D green but thanks for the tip about free manuals on YTOG.

Attachments

• Yanmar 155D throwout #2.jpg
    Yanmar 155D throwout #2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • Yanmar 155D throwout #3.jpg
    Yanmar 155D throwout #3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
I took some pictures of what the x33 looks like and the wires and pins # 44 and 45 that connect x33 to the bar connected to the clutch pedal. When I push in the clutch pedal that X33 part rotates forward about 40 degrees. When I let the pedal spring return the clutch pedal the x33 rotates back to a vertical position.
I still need to remove the steering column so I can grab the coupler and inspect inside that cavity. Aaron at Hoye said my symptoms sounded like the coupler had broken. I hope that is the case because I bought another one of them when I bought the clutch parts.
This is the deepest I have ever ventured into a machine before. I wanted to see if I could split it and replace the clutch parts and fix my problem. The splitting part was accomplished so far. I'm float stocking trout tomorrow for the PA Fish and Boat Commission but next weekend I should be able to check the coupler and start replacing parts and putting the mighty Yanmar back together. I love this little tractor.
Bmaverick - I have about 5 different manuals for the 155D green but thanks for the tip about free manuals on YTOG.
GREAT. Glad you have them. There is an early manual and a later one. And even a recent one where I did a snip posting here.

Yes, please keep us posted. :)

I removed the steering column yesterday so I could see into the cavity below it and reach in there to remove anything loose and get the coupler. The Yanmar 155D green does not have access to a cavity below the steering column. See the picture attached. The really good news is in the process of removing the old clutch housing and pressure disc and replacing the throwout bearing I think I discovered why the tractor stopped moving. The clutch pressure disc teeth are all ground down. See pictures. The main driving shaft looks good on all sections of teeth. I need to remove and replace the coupler between the main driving shaft and the transmission yet and then put the two halves back together.

Attachments

• Yanmar 155D green under steering column 4-20-24.jpg
    Yanmar 155D green under steering column 4-20-24.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • Yanmar 155D green old clutch disc no teeth -1.jpg
    Yanmar 155D green old clutch disc no teeth -1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • Yanmar 155D green old clutch disc no teeth -2.jpg
    Yanmar 155D green old clutch disc no teeth -2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back