155D green clutch replacement

Update. The clutch parts have been changed and I am ready to recouple the back to the front of the tractor. The decal on the transmission cover in front of the seat is not readable. Does anyone know what that decal says on a 155D green model?

Update. The clutch parts have been changed and I am ready to recouple the back to the front of the tractor. The decal on the transmission cover in front of the seat is not readable. Does anyone know what that decal says on a 155D green model?
Do you have the parts manual? There is a section on decals.
YANMAR YM135 YM155 PARTS MANUAL.pdf

And, do you have the service manual too?
YANMAR YM135 YM155 SERVICE MANUAL AOD1048.pdf

These are free at the YTOG.

The Mighty Yanmar was recoupled last night with some help from my neighbor Jeff. I had been stuck at the same place now for several weeks. The rear of the tractor was moved up to recouple and the front and rear housings were about 1 inch apart but equally spaced the whole way around the housing. At this point there was metal on metal sound when I tried to move the rear forward any further. My neighbor said I wonder if that throw out bearing is being pushed too far forward by the clutch pedal. We disconnected the clutch pedal from the arm that controls the two ears that fit into the throw out bearing and moved that arm so the throw out bearing was positioned a bit farther toward the rear and the two halves of the tractor pushed right together. We tested the clutch replacement without running the tractor by manually turning the rear PTO spline with the PTO lever engaged. When the clutch pedal is pushed the PTO turns freely. When the clutch pedal is out the PTO does not turn by hand. This was after we reconnected the clutch pedal linkage and adjusted for about 1.5 inches of travel. I have to reassemble the rest of the tractor now and add engine oil and fix a seal on the front axle and add gear oil there and level the FEL when I reattach it to the tractor before I try to start it and run it but I feel comfortable the clutch problem was fixed.
This is what I learned. The 155D green is different than the Yanmar 1501D red in a few key areas regarding clutch replacement. The 155D has ears and no springs to hold the throw out bearing. The 155D Green has an access hole on the bottom of the tractor that you can almost get your arm up into to aid in connecting the drive shaft coupler to the splines on the transmission input. That hole gives better access to the lower spline that the front wheel drive driveshaft connects to. The 1501D red has an access hole beneath the steering column that gives great access to the springs for the throw out bearing and the couple connection to the transmission input spline. If you assemble the throw out beraing carrier onto the drive shaft and attach the rear coupler and one person gently feeds to toward the rear while the other person with the skinnier arm reaches up into the access hole the other person can aid in lining up the coupler with the splines from the transmission input. Person #1 then alligns the slots on both sides of the throw out bearing carrier with the two ears that are on the clutch pedal linkage and gently lifts the drive shaft up. As it comes up it will move taowards the rear about an inch as the coupler sits fully on the transmission input spline. The coupler will hold the drive shaft in this position while you roll the back half of the tractor forward to mate with the front half. If the clutch pedal linkage previous adjustment is not forcing the throw out bearing carrier too far forward the two halfs will pop right together with a little bit of shaking. If I ever split a tractor again I will buy, borrow or rent the jacks designed for that purpose.
If you are the 155D grean person trying to replace your clutch parts in the future I hope this series of posts helps you. If you have been watching Aaron's Youtube videos from Hoye Tractors this explains how the 155D green is different than what you have been looking at on a 1501D red.
Thanks Winston and Bmaverick for your input and education!

Attachments

• Yanmar 155D recouple - 1 6-6-24.jpg
    Yanmar 155D recouple - 1 6-6-24.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • Yanmar 155D recouple - Clucth pedal adjust 6-6-24.jpg
    Yanmar 155D recouple - Clucth pedal adjust 6-6-24.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Yanmar 155D recouple -under tractor drive shaft access hole-1 6-6-24.jpg
    Yanmar 155D recouple -under tractor drive shaft access hole-1 6-6-24.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • Yanmar 155D recouple -under tractor drive shaft access hole-2 6-6-24.jpg
    Yanmar 155D recouple -under tractor drive shaft access hole-2 6-6-24.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Good to hear your up and running. How much free play did you leave on your clutch pedal. Assuming it would be like most of the old YM Yanmars and about 5/8"

I was wrong with my 5/8" per 135/155 manual, however, the manual I am now looking at shows 1.34 to 1.42" as standard specification. no doubt you are in the ball park.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back