1586 Coolant Level wiring

d9gdon

Finally got the 1586 engine built and everything put back together...runs great and pulls real well. It will literally start after a half a turn of the engine.

I can't figure out the wiring on the coolant level indicator. I have the wiring diagram and it shows to be a yellow wire with red tracer. It would be easy if my wiring had any color left to it but it all seems to be the a reddish brown color, and somebody has cut a couple of wires in the multi wire connector.

Is the wire coming from the indicator light hot when the key is on? I don't understand how the sending unit works...I guess it makes a ground when it doesn't sense any coolant around it. Anyway, I'm plowing with the light on while the radiator is full.

I don't remember how it was wired when I tore it down but I do remember it being all jury rigged...but that was two years ago.

Check your sensor wet and dry see if it is open or closed wet. It should be the opposite when dry. An ohm meter will be your friend for this one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back