1610d moving forward in neutral

Jayb-HT

Member
Hi all,
The old 1610d has started to creep forward when range selector is in a gear 1,2 or 3 and power shift is in neutral, it stops when in neutral/neutral. It’s caught me out a few times recently and I don’t think it used to do this?
I’ve checked clutch adjustment etc and all seems fine?
Any ideas?
 
I guess you have tried moving the power shift handle gently in both directions to see if the movement would stop? Could be out of adjustment. Just one thought. Another thought and probably not worth much is the inertia brake being out of adjustment. I know very little about the inertia brake.
 
Yeah, tried moving the lever around around without any change, I don’t think this model has an inertia brake but I might be wrong?
 
<QUOTE author="Jayb"><s>
</s>Yeah, tried moving the lever around around without any change, I don’t think this model has an inertia brake but I might be wrong?<e>
/e></QUOTE>

After looking at the 1610 parts manual I agree with you, doesn't seem to have the inertia brake. I find that very interesting. I'm at a loss but please let us know if you get it figured out.
 
2210 here does the same thing. I just make sure I take trans out of gear if I'm getting off tractor/or set break..
Mine has been doing this sents I bought it.
1st Time mine moved on me, I grabbed it and stopped it! Lol found out after I pooped myself it wasn't going to run me over my boot would stop it <E>:D</E>
 
Might look at this out of the 276 manual. <ATTACHMENT filename="2022-11-17-064235.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>2022-11-17-064235.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

34251_7682a4098d2aaf8e77f99592e800b281.jpg
 
I can't give you a definite answer. I can tell you there is no repair manual for the 2210, at least not in English and I have never seen or heard of one in any language. There is a repair manual for the 226 but basically the same trouble shooting for the 276 and 226. Folks have always had to use the closest manual of US sold.
 
Ok Mr Wilson.
I ve found Oil Manifold (Seal Case)
Break piston spring
Inertia break
Break disk and 3 differant o rings
My question is where is it at on the trany?
Hoping easy to get to lol
 
Winston found the exterior inertia break release, witch can be adjusted, it's on the same levers that work your clutch pedal. I also found a picture of where the oil manifold. I will be giving that a try tomorrow.
The inertia break, is in side the power shift trans. Hoping not to need to go into that <E>:roll:</E>
I tried to post some pictures but it keeps telling me pictures are to big.
 
I do my pictures on an old Kodak camera and have to make them smaller after downloading them on the computer in order to post them on this sight. But no idea how to make them smaller on your phone. Did you check the inertia brake adjustment per repair manual instructions?
 
Ok here we go.
There no adjustment there, I'm gunna have to say at least the Brake Piston Spring is broke!
Now my question would be, I'm I ok to run it like this as long as I keep it out of gear when not moving Tractor??
 
I don't have a good answer for you, only what I would probably do, and that is run it.

For what it's worth, here is the inertia brake adjustment procedure for the 226. Could not find this in the 276 manual. <ATTACHMENT filename="2022-11-22-032436.jpg" index="1"><s>[attachment=1]</s>2022-11-22-032436.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

34251_2fd52876296c089aa8d68f48c6a09396.jpg


34251_fc502464d7c66d83b755da43e962942a.jpg
 
Years that's the same pic I have.
I just got off the tractor raking pine and leaf niddles into my garden. She sure does run good <E>:D</E>
Thank you for the replies have a Great night and a Happy Thanksgiving!!! <E>:D</E>
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top