1610d powershift noises

Jayb-HT

Member
I’ve managed to pick up a 1610d recently and although it all works and runs fine but the power shift/transmission is noisy when clutch is depressed, With the power shift in neutral and range gear in any gear even neutral, Not noticeable when in use, just at standstill. sounds like the PTO is running? If that makes sense.
I’ve read a few posts of other people enquiring about this noise but no real conclusion as to weather it’s normal or not?

see video
<LINK_TEXT text="https://www.youtub...=SU7gafyjJAQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</LINK_TEXT>
 
I don't even know that your 1610 has this inertia brake but if so you might just check the adjustment on it. The pictures are out of the 226 manual. Out of order but not unusual for me.

Is your clutch pedal adjusted with appx 5/8" free play at top of pedal?

34251_d4049ac9b6c8e5eca1e5f6160f850394.jpg


34251_c37de1ee1fc95ef780406ac0a679695a.jpg
 
Thanks for the reply, I’ve adjusted the clutch but this didn’t help, I’ll take a look later for a inertia brake.
 
With the clutch depressed the transmission should not even be turning. Hard to understand a noise in the transmission if the clutch is actually disengaging as it should. Are you confident it is disengaging? Are you confident the noise is coming from the transmission and not the clutch housing?
 
It sounds like something is spinning/turning/whirring,
It’s not easy to hear on the video but it also changes the engine sound when the clutch is depressed if that makes any sense, that is more noticeable when cold.
I’ll try and isolate exactly where it’s coming from but power shift and under feet area as in the video was my initial thoughts.
 
I just realised something, I’m confusing pressed/ depressed. Just to clarify the noise is apparent when the clutch is raised and disappears when pushed down.
 
<QUOTE author="Jayb"><s>
</s>I just realised something, I’m confusing pressed/ depressed. Just to clarify the noise is apparent when the clutch is raised and disappears when pushed down.<e>
/e></QUOTE>
Well now, that changes things! <E>:D</E> Yes, things are turning in the transmission with the clutch raised. I don't suppose it will help with diagnosis but just curious, if you engage the pto does the sound change any?
Pretty sure if your clutch is engaged then the power shift pump is also engaged so I suppose anything between the main drive shaft the pump could also be a source of your noise.
Wonder if there are other power shift owners out there that could comment on their tractors as far as a change in noise when the clutch is activated?
 
Ok, Had time to play with it a bit today, noise definitely seems to come from power shift/transmission area, engaging the pto makes no difference to noise, 1,2,3 or N in range makes no difference to noise, but if you leave it idle for a few minutes the noise seems so quieten down a bit?
 
Maybe just use it, I don't hear anything that sounds like something coming apart or tearing up. If it gets worse you might have to take action.
 
Yeah, all works fine so I’ll use and see how it goes.
Got a few other issues but I’ll make a new post for these,
Thanks for the help.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top