165 clutch & brake adjustment

dlinmi

With all this free time on my hands I thought I'd get a good adjustment on my clutch and the brakes have been marginal for a long time. What is the proper sequence when adjusting the clutch? I've adjusted the pedal for free play before and adjusted from below through inspection plate for secondary because I couldn't engage the PTO, but have never adjusted the linkage for proper secondary engagement. Since adjusting the clutch from below through the inspection plate my 3 pt only works when my auxiliary lever is locked back and the clutch pedal is not pressed down. So I believe I need some further adjusting. What is the proper sequence? Also my draft control has never seemed to work, any advice? As for the brakes, book says adjust for 2 1/2 - 3 inches of free travel, is this measured at the pedal or at the axle? Thanks

Three point is SUPPOSED to work like that with added auxiliary valve. Three point hydraulic pump WILL stop whenever the PTO clutch disc stops the PTO driveline.

Ok thanks. Could the auxiliary hydraulics have anything to do with the draft control not working?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back