1655 Oliver

I have a tractor with a rod or main bearing out of the diesel engine. The rest of it is good. All of the tin is excellent. Is any one out there looking for a project?

I can send photos if anyone is interested.

Thank you
 
The tractor is in Big Timber, Montana where I used it for pulling a swingarm swather, a baler and a bale wagon. The only hard work the tractor has done while I have had it is I used it to plow my wifes garden a couple years ago. (about 1/10th acre.)

I was cutting hay last year when I first heard a ticking that was not there before. It seemed to be intermittent so I kept going. (denial) Anyway this year the knocking got louder so I unhooked, drove to the yard and shut him off.
 
I'd be interested depending on how much. Big Timber is a nice little town where they make the Sharps rifles. I don't need another tractor so much but I would like a good excuse to go to Big Timber MT.
 
Sounds like the same problem our 1855 has it's ebgine in the shop for right now.

Had a tick since spring, but it kept getting louder as time went on. We don't put too many hours on in a year, so after a few months (in August) Dad and I decided to pull the engine.

Turns out the #1 wrist pin bushing was almost gone, and the metal flakes got to the main/rod bearings and left a nice groove in the bearings. They sent the crank to a shop and turns out that was fine and didn't need to be ground or anything, which I guess is luck. Gonna be a big bill, but cheaper than a new engine block....

Donovan from Wisconsin
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top