1928 JD D Update

Ken Christopherson

Hello all!

Well, since I was waiting on everything to come back from sandblast for the Farmall H project I am working on for suicide awareness, I
figured it would be a good opportunity to get started on the D. Opened it up for the first time and it actually looks really nice inside
the trans and differential. The crankcase is filled with some junk due to the cover having some rust through on it. Engine is still stuck,
but I will pull the block and pistons as a unit (have replacement block already). Also, managed to get the lugs stripped off the rear steel
wheels and get those swapped out. Tractor is now mobile at least. It'll remain on the backburner now that I have all the H parts back from
sandblast. Hoping to have the H back together by mid July. Maybe have the block and pistons out of the D by fall. Link below is to the
latest video on the JD D as well. Hope you enjoy!
cvphoto2980.jpg

cvphoto2981.jpg

cvphoto2982.jpg

cvphoto2983.jpg

cvphoto2984.jpg

cvphoto2985.jpg

cvphoto2986.jpg

cvphoto2987.jpg

cvphoto2988.jpg

Rear Wheel Installation

It's not too bad but the block will be replaced due to a spot of rust-through on the water jacket on the clutch side. It'll get there!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back