1936 case-c tractor

mike w.

New User
I just bought this tractor at an auction here in Ohio.I own many tractors,crawlers etc. Iam having trouble getting the rear wheels off of tractor,has large axle nut which I removed. Seems to have holes for puller assembly, which I have tried to remove with puller does not budge,seal leaks on right rear axle.would like to repair if anyone can give me a shout on how to do so. Can't find anyone old enough and still alive that has experience with this tractor. mike
 
I have a Case L so I think they are the same. Had the wheels off mine about 10 yrs. ago but don't remember how. I know to tighten the seals there is a special half moon wrench which was avail from dealer 70 yrs ago but if you look closely at it you can see how it needs to be half moon. I made one and still have it in corner of shop today.
 
The axle shafts are tapered, as is the hub. If they have not been off in a very long time and/or are rusted they can be a real bear to break loose. Get the puller tensioned up, put the heat to it w/ a rose bud tip and smack the puller. Usually there is enough thread that you can leave the nut backed off to just flush w/ the end of the axle to protect the threads. Good luck.
 
One of my friends ran into this on a C. When he finally got the wheel off, he found a rust spot about the size of a half dollar on the axle so it doesn't have to be a very big one to give you fits.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top