1937 Allis WC Carburetor

Many years ago we took a WC and put WD45 crank, sleeves, pistons, bigger intake valves, D17 manifold in it. At the time it made 52 hp. It has been sitting for a long time and I want to get it running and do some pulling with it. Today I have much greater understanding of engines and was wondering if there is a better then OEM carb for it. I do not know what is on it. I has one bolt that comes up from the bottom to hold the upper and lower parts together. It is so gummed up from sitting that I did not take time to clean off the tag.

I now know more. I am no Allis expert so I decided to dig a little. It looks like the old unstyled WC used a Zenith Crab and the WD45 / D17 used a Marvel Schebler Carb. What I do have experience with is testing stuff on a Dyno. It has been my experience the Zenith Carbs with the same Diameter make less horsepower than the equivalent Marvel Schebler. I will keep digging.

you can read your spark plugs . Seen others used an o2 sensor hook up
some how you got a 52 number. Try that again after rebuild to see where your at For benchmark.
try adjustable needle main jet . On your carb
good post ,interesting

you can read your spark plugs . Seen others used an o2 sensor hook up
some how you got a 52 number. Try that again after rebuild to see where your at For benchmark.
try adjustable needle main jet . On your carb
good post ,interesting
Knowing the air fuel ratio is good but that is not what I am after. I can take my Farmall M with the stock 27/32 diameter venturi and it will have 61 hp and if I install a 33/32 venturi it will have 63 hp and the air fuel ratio is the same. That means the larger venturi allows more volume into the engine. That is what I am after with this Allis. What Carburetor is going to allow the most volume of air/fuel into the engine? Increased airflow = increased horsepower.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back