1937 Allis WC Carburetor

Many years ago we took a WC and put WD45 crank, sleeves, pistons, bigger intake valves, D17 manifold in it. At the time it made 52 hp. It has been sitting for a long time and I want to get it running and do some pulling with it. Today I have much greater understanding of engines and was wondering if there is a better then OEM carb for it. I do not know what is on it. I has one bolt that comes up from the bottom to hold the upper and lower parts together. It is so gummed up from sitting that I did not take time to clean off the tag.

I now know more. I am no Allis expert so I decided to dig a little. It looks like the old unstyled WC used a Zenith Crab and the WD45 / D17 used a Marvel Schebler Carb. What I do have experience with is testing stuff on a Dyno. It has been my experience the Zenith Carbs with the same Diameter make less horsepower than the equivalent Marvel Schebler. I will keep digging.

you can read your spark plugs . Seen others used an o2 sensor hook up
some how you got a 52 number. Try that again after rebuild to see where your at For benchmark.
try adjustable needle main jet . On your carb
good post ,interesting

you can read your spark plugs . Seen others used an o2 sensor hook up
some how you got a 52 number. Try that again after rebuild to see where your at For benchmark.
try adjustable needle main jet . On your carb
good post ,interesting
Knowing the air fuel ratio is good but that is not what I am after. I can take my Farmall M with the stock 27/32 diameter venturi and it will have 61 hp and if I install a 33/32 venturi it will have 63 hp and the air fuel ratio is the same. That means the larger venturi allows more volume into the engine. That is what I am after with this Allis. What Carburetor is going to allow the most volume of air/fuel into the engine? Increased airflow = increased horsepower.

I now know more. I am no Allis expert so I decided to dig a little. It looks like the old unstyled WC used a Zenith Crab and the WD45 / D17 used a Marvel Schebler Carb. What I do have experience with is testing stuff on a Dyno. It has been my experience the Zenith Carbs with the same Diameter make less horsepower than the equivalent Marvel Schebler. I will keep digging.
I got the zenith carb off, apart, and in the Chem Dip. It was very gummed up. My first impression was, "How did we get 52 hp with that tiny venturi?

I got the zenith carb off, apart, and in the Chem Dip. It was very gummed up. My first impression was, "How did we get 52 hp with that tiny venturi?
Not sure what is tiny , 1 inch ? Need more details
52 hp huh ! Maybe little nitrous in the air cleaner , just to give it a little bump ! 50 shot

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back