1939 B #69377

greenguy1934

New User
I have a 1939 b that is an amazing runner but just recently my clutch drive disk and splines decided to quit on me the splines on the crankshaft are wore down pretty bad and one of the 6 or seven that are on there sheered off i don't know what my options are. The clutch drive disk for the 39-40 year B's are difficult to find and im afraid that if i do find one for it the worn splines would slip or tear up the new disk. I am not willing to pull the crank out. Paint and Body work were done less then a week ago New rear tires as well. Im taking advise as well as offers either cash or trade for another running or in decent shape john deere. If intrested in buying or trading reach me at 419-562-0957

I have no connection with this add in any way or forum.....

Noticed in one of my Magazines.....

Price of a telephone Call..........

Bob...
cvphoto27336.jpg

cvphoto27337.jpg

cvphoto27338.jpg

Don't feel alone on this. I got B77161 with the same problem. There is a fellow in MD I think that is set up to repair the splines. Kinda pricey but good machining is worth it. I talked to a machinist and he said the big cost is setup time. Maybe I'll do a home hack job just to snug the hub to the shaft. Did a 37B and it works ok.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back