Yours has the oil tube from the front cylinder block to the front of the crankcase at the magneto, right? That tube feeds oil to the upper bearing on the magneto/oil pump shaft. I am thinking there is supposed to be a way (hole or slot) for oil to get back to the sump from the magneto flange pocket just under the magneto. Its been 20 years since I had one apart, though. I do think there is supposed to be a gasket under the magneto. Maybe that is all you are needing. There is no seal on the shaft.

Yours has the oil tube from the front cylinder block to the front of the crankcase at the magneto, right? That tube feeds oil to the upper bearing on the magneto/oil pump shaft. I am thinking there is supposed to be a way (hole or slot) for oil to get back to the sump from the magneto flange pocket just under the magneto. Its been 20 years since I had one apart, though. I do think there is supposed to be a gasket under the magneto. Maybe that is all you are needing. There is no seal on the shaft.
Okay, thanks I will take it apart and check it out

When my Minneapois R Heats up I have a lot of oil coming out of the base of the magneto has anyone seen this before?
Brett, I have a photo of the housping that The magneto fits in. There should be no trouble for the oil not to drain back into the crank case. I am getting used to the new format so hopefully the pictures will send. I sent one of where I’m at on my rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpeg
    IMG_4731.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
Brett, I have a photo of the housping that The magneto fits in. There should be no trouble for the oil not to drain back into the crank case. I am getting used to the new format so hopefully the pictures will send. I sent one of where I’m at on my rebuild.
Very nice, I see it now I’ll make sure it’s clean and the put a new gasket on it. Great photos! Might I ask where you get most your parts from?

Very nice, I see it now I’ll make sure it’s clean and the put a new gasket on it. Great photos! Might I ask where you get most your parts from?
Brett, I got most of my new parts from Welters Farm in Verona Missouri. I mostly talk to Lois. They really know their Minneapolis Moline‘s. Your tractor is over 80 years old so some parts are just not gonna be able to find. I had to get a few bearings from other sources. If you’re looking for used parts, there are still salvage parts around.MMDEL on this forum, can probably set you up with used parts. There are other people out there also. I still have a few odds and ends to find yet. Might have to wait till spring and go junkyarding. i’m not sure where you’re located at. I know the Midwest has a lot of Moline still around.

Brett, I got most of my new parts from Welters Farm in Verona Missouri. I mostly talk to Lois. They really know their Minneapolis Moline‘s. Your tractor is over 80 years old so some parts are just not gonna be able to find. I had to get a few bearings from other sources. If you’re looking for used parts, there are still salvage parts around.MMDEL on this forum, can probably set you up with used parts. There are other people out there also. I still have a few odds and ends to find yet. Might have to wait till spring and go junkyarding. i’m not sure where you’re located at. I know the Midwest has a lot of Moline still around.
Thanks, I have talked with them at Welters, I don’t need to much it was pretty complete, just odds and ends.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back