1944 Ford 2N positive ground six volt confusion

Happy New Year folks I have a question about my ford 2n. Its a six volt system that Im pretty sure was originally supposed to be positive ground but it is now negative ground, I was wondering how I could put it back to positive ground without hurting my electrical system or if its just as simple as swapping my terminals around and jumping the two wires on the voltage regulator. Hope this makes sense, Im looking forward to your replys maybe Ill learn something new today to start the new year.

(quoted from post at 13:06:22 01/01/23) Happy New Year folks I have a question about my ford 2n. Its a six volt system that Im pretty sure was originally supposed to be positive ground but it is now negative ground, I was wondering how I could put it back to positive ground without hurting my electrical system or if its just as simple as swapping my terminals around and jumping the two wires on the voltage regulator. Hope this makes sense, Im looking forward to your replys maybe Ill learn something new today to start the new year.
f it is working just fine, it may not be fine after you mess with it. Let sleeping dogs lie,

Yeah, what JMOR says. Does it run OK now? ALL old FORDS were set up with the 6V/POS GRN electrical system. These will run on 6V or 12V, POS or NEG GRN but do not assume because you have a 6V or 12V battery your system is wired correctly for that system. There is more to the wiring than a battery change. Do you have a 1-Wire GEN and the round can cutout? What does the AMMETER show when running at idle?

Tim Daley(MI)

(quoted from post at 13:56:10 01/01/23) Its not charging and I thought this could be the issue
aving a positive ground system or a negative ground system will make no difference in ability to charge. If not charging, the two most likely reasons are generator and cut-out.
While running at speed, jumper across the 2 cut-out terminals.....if it charges with that jumper, the the cut-out is the problem & if not the generator is the problem. All of course assuming it is wired correctly.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back