1952 Farmall Super C

HVAC

New User
Attempting to remove the universal joint from the worm drive shaft on the front end. Is this just a friction joint. I cannot get it to move. there is what appears to be a pin but there is no way to pull it. Any ideas how to get this off with out breaking anything?

the only reason to remove it would be to replace it so if your not going to replace why remove it those are a very good fit and
not easy to remove Drive the pin out then try and remove the shaft miter need a torch

If I'm thinking right I believe those are tapered pins, been a couple decades since I had the U-joint off the BN.

So if tapping it out does not seem to work from one end try from the other end!

(quoted from post at 03:11:07 03/23/23) Attempting to remove the universal joint from the worm drive shaft on the front end. Is this just a friction joint. I cannot get it to move. there is what appears to be a pin but there is no way to pull it. Any ideas how to get this off with out breaking anything?
The seal from the worm drive shaft is leaking. The universal blocking access to replacing the seal. The question is should i worry about a little grease leaking?

I filled the leaking steering gear on my Farmall C with a pourable EP0 grease. EP0 grease is fluid enough to lube steering gears but thick enough to not leak out of poor seals.

The idea of grease seals back in those days was completely different than you see later. It was expected that a little grease would leak out. If it bothers you, keep it washed off. Even if you replace the seal, it is doubtful that you will stop the leak.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back