1955 Ford 640

Ipowell

New User
Hello

I have a 1955 Ford 640 and have been trying to find the paint codes for the grey and red so I can cross-reference with DuPont or PPG but I am not having any luck.
Does anyone know the paint codes or have used DuPont or PPG on their ford 600?
 
According to a book I have, How To Restore Ford Tractors, by Tharran E. Gaines, Gaines is quoting John Smith about the colors. Who says that he used Dupont Centari C8508 (single stage). It is a General Motors red from the mid-1980s. For the gray, he used PPG Delstar DAR 31657. This is listed in the old Ditzler books as Ford tractor gray.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top