1955 Ford 850

If you are speaking of the line to the pressure gage, universal kits are available from multiple sources including this site.

You will find no source for an OEM pre-formed line aside from a salvage yard.

Dean
 
I looked all over to replace the tube on my 660. No luck finding one. I tried several universal kits and none fit. I finally broke down and bought the tube from Messicks (CHN), it fit perfectly, but you would think it was made from gold.
 
Don't recall the size off the top of my head but I bought a length of the appropriate size tubing from McMaster Carr, believe it was in copper. Somebody might believe it was the wrong thing to do and/or it might fail tomorrow but it's lasted for several years now without issue, believe it was less than $20 to the door. I didn't like the plastic in the kits but bought a kit for the fittings. No leaks yet.
 
As I recall most of the aftermarket oil pressure gauges use a 1/8" copper or nylon tubing but the original Ford gauge used 1/16" steel tubing.
 
ditto what dean said.

copper or nylon cap line. i tend to prefer copper myself. but just vibration dampen it if you go copper.
 
I used refrigeration 1/8" capillary copper tubing and twisted in a pigtail for vibration dampening. Tucked it in under the dash and all was good.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top