1955 TO 35 Hood Latch

Bob Mc

I ordered these hood latch bolts for my '55 TO 35, part # 180654M1, but they don't seem to be working. Am I trying to use the correct mounting locations on the hood and base of the dash, or am I missing some parts. The "Z" bend in the rod doesn't appear to be acute enough for the rod to fit all the way into the hole and still pivot. My thought is to bend the "Z" into more of a right angle, but I wanted to check first with someone who has the correct hood latch configuration. I would have thought this would be a "no brainer" but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for any help, if you have some pictures of your hood latch that would be great.

Bob Mc
a68282.jpg

a68283.jpg

a68284.jpg

a68285.jpg

You will need to bend a short hook in the end of the rod but make it short as you will end up with too short of a rod. I just made my own from toilet tank float rods; they are brass and don"t rust. Stan

you can get the right bolts from TISCO .That is where I got mine work fine I think NAPA may have ones that will work also.

The tisco ones don't have a tight enough Z bend, I sent a pair back and got the agco ones that actually fit, without modifying the bend or the hood. I think they were like $12 a piece. Tisco can't seem to make anything worth bolting on lately.

I made mine. Cut the head off a bolt and made a bend to hook into the hole. I used nylok nuts. Not spending $12 on a bolt.

Thanks for the replies, you have pretty well confirmed what I thought. I'm using the right holes, these are TISCO bolts and the "Z" bend just isn't tight enough. I think I'll try heating the "Z" and see if I can get it to more of a right angle.

John, good to hear from you again. How was deer season?

Bob Mc

I heated the "Z" and bent it much tighter, worked like a champ. You would think if they are going to manufacture these as replacement parts, with the same part number, they would trial fit them to be sure they work. Thanks again for the replies.

Bob Mc

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back