1956 ford 860 post hole digger

rodrigjose

New User
what model post hole digger does a 1956 ford 860 use, cannot find it. will a new post hole digger fit this tractor. thanks

Any three point hitch post hole digger with a standard SAE 6B 1-3/8 splined shaft will fit.

NOW, whether or not that Ford can HANDLE it is a very different matter! Stick with a small auger, 1 foot or less.

Any standard one should work. My largest auger for mine is 12 inches and it works fine on a similar tractor. If your not familar with that attachment look online for some videos including safety topics for it. When using it have the tractor at idle or real close to it, nobody should be standing by it pressing it down into the ground. Thats a good way to get twisted around one. Watch the pto shaft length. To long and it will bottom out hammering the tractors pto causing damage. It will get stuck in the ground sooner or later. Keep a pipe wrench and cheater pipe handy to unscrew it.

Any will fit. And if you don't let it go down only a foot or so or less and lift back up but not out of the hole. I have never had one get stuck that way. The loose dirt would lift out and most stones just work theor way into the auger or were knocked so they fell in thwe hole to come out after it was dropped back down again. I guess I was lucky.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back