a49deere

Hoping someone could tell me the correct length PTO shaft to fit a ford/new holland 906LT
post hole digger? thanks in advance

As long as it has about 6 inches of lap when extended and does not hit when retracted it should be fine since we are not there you will have to determine this first. With the digger in the extended position put the 2 pieces on their respective places and lay them beside each other measure the lap. then with it in the retracted position see if they would hit at the ends beside each other if not and you have the appropriate lap then go for it.

If you don't have the old shaft to use to measure, your best bet is to mount the post hole digger on the tractor, raise it up as high as it will go, then measure from the tip of the PTO shaft on the tractor to the tip of the shaft on the gearbox, with the auger hanging straight down.

PTO shafts are spec'd by minimum and maximum length.

Shortcut here, my guess being that this one will probably fit your post hole digger and is not terribly expensive. It's 52" closed and has a maximum length of 70" fully extended:

https://www.external_link.com/tsc/p...-hole-digger-series-4-52-in-compressed-27-024

If you're using Modern View, I have a reply that seems to have been filtered out by it. It's over in Classic view.

In short, tractor supply sells a PTO shaft specifically for 3pt post hole diggers. Odds are it will work on your machine.

Your link in Classic shows, but when I click on it this is what I get.

mvphoto109928.jpg

Looks like Modern blocks the whole post and Classic allows the post but blocks the link.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back