tpc

New User
I've been working on getting my 400 ready for paint. I'm curious about the cast parts. Even the smallest seat bracket and pieces like the guide for the belt pulley engagement rod have a small Old Abe on them. Just wondering if there was a particular reason this was done?

Pride in their work and pride in their product. Hard to find back then.non-existent today. Love seeing that eagle. Tells me it was a good product

(quoted from post at 03:43:13 10/31/23) Pride in their work and pride in their product. Hard to find back then.non-existent today. Love seeing that eagle. Tells me it was a good product

Well put Eric! CM

makes me think of that show american restoration.
was built by hands that was proud of their work

A EAGLE on every Part ! ,,. My sons think That is So COOL ,,.. PRIDE in the J.I CASE company shines ,,.. btw ,, for over 40 yrs. I did HOME IMPROVEMENT ,,. Each one of My siding jobs got a navy Blue sticker with the ph. # and My company name very near the electric meter ,.i went to school with the guy that read the meters ,,. He reasoned that i was setting myself up for constant recalls to repair my work. I replied most troubles show up in the 1st yr. , Someone on the crew forgot to fasten properly , too short , too long and I would go back and fix it cheerfully . That built Goodwill , And made Me a fine living

My son has an excavating business. He bought a CAT track loader this spring. When we were checking it out, he noticed that even the bolt heads were stamped CAT. When I saw the little eagles in the castings, I showed him. We got to wondering about them. They are cool. I attached a couple pictures. You can barely see the one on the seat bracket with a coat of paint. (It will have to be redone as it fell off the wire during painting. Primitive man's first attempt at this)

cvphoto165721.jpg

cvphoto165722.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back