1959 601 Select O Speed

OkDino

New User
Gear shifter stuck in Park, will not move, would the problem be in the shifter or the transmission, open to suggestions

Hello OkDino, welcome to YT! I’m an IH guy so I can’t help you with your question. You will likely get your question in front of folks more knowledgeable on Fords if you place your post on the Ford forum in the manufacturers section. You can click the report button at the lower left and request the moderators move it there for you.

Hello OkDino, welcome to YT! I’m an IH guy so I can’t help you with your question. You will likely get your question in front of folks more knowledgeable on Fords if you place your post on the Ford forum in the manufacturers section. You can click the report button at the lower left and request the moderators move it there for you.
thanks, I've request it to be moved

More information would be great. New to you tractor? Been sitting in a fencerow? Ran when Parked?
The SOS handle has detents so first try pulling outward before pulling upward on the handle. If you are new to SOS trannys be aware that it will jerk you off the seat when it slams in gear if you're not ready for it.

Gear shifter stuck in Park, will not move, would the problem be in the shifter or the transmission, open to suggestions
My $.02 worth is that it is in the internal linkage. I have put many hours on an SOS. I have never been close to jerked off it

Got your I&T F0-20 Service Manual handy? Here's a sample on the SOS Chapter and there are more pages so start there.

Your Mileage May Vary,
Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• I & T FO-20 MANUAL - AA FRONT COVER.jpeg
    I & T FO-20 MANUAL - AA FRONT COVER.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 80.jpeg
    I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 80.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 81.jpeg
    I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 81.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 82.jpeg
    I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 82.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 83.jpeg
    I & T FO-20 MANUAL - PG 83.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
No way to know from available information.

Suggest inspecting shifter mechanism first.

Be advised that expensive damage can be done to the shifter and/or PTO cables by improper service techniques. Suggest procuring a proper Ford service manual before attempting to remove shifter cable, PTO cable or transmission top cover.

Thanks for the reply, The tractor has been parked outside and hasn't been started for at least 10 yrs. They say that when it was parked it could only be ran in a few gears, I have taken the inspection plate off the left side and there is plenty on fluid in it every thing looks in good shape, I have looked in under the top cover plate of the transmission, every thing looks good, I have tried pulling out on the handle it acts like it's just frozen will not move, I'm going through the engine its in good shape for being over 60 yrs old

Thanks for the reply, The tractor has been parked outside and hasn't been started for at least 10 yrs. They say that when it was parked it could only be ran in a few gears, I have taken the inspection plate off the left side and there is plenty on fluid in it every thing looks in good shape, I have looked in under the top cover plate of the transmission, every thing looks good, I have tried pulling out on the handle it acts like it's just frozen will not move, I'm going through the engine its in good shape for being over 60 yrs old
What does "looks good" mean to you?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back