1959 case 420b distributor needed

OlCase

New User
Hello folks. I have a 1959 case 420b backhoe and I need a new to me distributor. So here to ask if anyone has one that they may want to sell. It's an Autolite IAD-6003-IB, Case A-7620.
I've been a member in the past and a frequent user of this forum. As I also have a 1941 Farmall H, and a couple smaller yard tractors. Including a 1973 Speedex. I also enjoy ol iron Including cars and trucks. And really enjoy teaching our grandkids about them.
Anyhows, thanks for checking this out.

Hello folks. I have a 1959 case 420b backhoe and I need a new to me distributor. So here to ask if anyone has one that they may want to sell. It's an Autolite IAD-6003-IB, Case A-7620.
I've been a member in the past and a frequent user of this forum. As I also have a 1941 Farmall H, and a couple smaller yard tractors. Including a 1973 Speedex. I also enjoy ol iron Including cars and trucks. And really enjoy teaching our grandkids about them.
Anyhows, thanks for checking this out.
If no one has a used one you might check to see if this site has one

What's wrong with the one you have? This site has them, but they are pricey
Screenshot_20240514-185249.png

Thanks folks for the replies. The bushing holding the shaft is worn and the whole shaft moves. So the points can't be set.
I found one that was a Massey Ferguson distributor. Says it fits a Case 400 series tractor. I tried to cross reference it but couldn't really find anything. I did order it though. Cost was 98$. 509$ for a case distributor was kinda pricey so hopefully the Massey one works.

The Autolite/Prestolite distributors were widely used in many applications and every one probably isn't listed when looking for parts. I replaced the bushing in the Autolite distributor on my VAC several years ago, and I think it was the same one that was used in a Willy's Jeep

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back