1959 case 420b distributor needed

OlCase

New User
Hello folks. I have a 1959 case 420b backhoe and I need a new to me distributor. So here to ask if anyone has one that they may want to sell. It's an Autolite IAD-6003-IB, Case A-7620.
I've been a member in the past and a frequent user of this forum. As I also have a 1941 Farmall H, and a couple smaller yard tractors. Including a 1973 Speedex. I also enjoy ol iron Including cars and trucks. And really enjoy teaching our grandkids about them.
Anyhows, thanks for checking this out.

Hello folks. I have a 1959 case 420b backhoe and I need a new to me distributor. So here to ask if anyone has one that they may want to sell. It's an Autolite IAD-6003-IB, Case A-7620.
I've been a member in the past and a frequent user of this forum. As I also have a 1941 Farmall H, and a couple smaller yard tractors. Including a 1973 Speedex. I also enjoy ol iron Including cars and trucks. And really enjoy teaching our grandkids about them.
Anyhows, thanks for checking this out.
If no one has a used one you might check to see if this site has one

What's wrong with the one you have? This site has them, but they are pricey
Screenshot_20240514-185249.png

Thanks folks for the replies. The bushing holding the shaft is worn and the whole shaft moves. So the points can't be set.
I found one that was a Massey Ferguson distributor. Says it fits a Case 400 series tractor. I tried to cross reference it but couldn't really find anything. I did order it though. Cost was 98$. 509$ for a case distributor was kinda pricey so hopefully the Massey one works.

The Autolite/Prestolite distributors were widely used in many applications and every one probably isn't listed when looking for parts. I replaced the bushing in the Autolite distributor on my VAC several years ago, and I think it was the same one that was used in a Willy's Jeep

Thanks again J Hamilton for the contact information for Willys distributor. I ordered a new bushing set yesterday from them. 26 bucks with shipping. And the fellow I talked to was very helpful in telling me how to go about installing it.

Thanks again J Hamilton for the contact information for Willys distributor. I ordered a new bushing set yesterday from them. 26 bucks with shipping. And the fellow I talked to was very helpful in telling me how to go about installing it.
Glad to help. That's what everyone on these forums are here for

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back