1961 Case W3 (530) on the road one again!!

I started lots of posts since June of 2017 regarding my tractors crown and pinion damage. It was mainly I believe due to left side carrier bearing housing broken into 3 pieces causing excessive clearance between crown and pinion, resulteing in a chipped ring and pinion. Also pinion had 0.035" of end play. All transaxle bearings\races were heavily pitted including axle bearings. Differential side gears were all badly spalled. My main shaft in transmission was worn badly and missing a snap ring so it would not stay in high range. There were several other issue that needed attention. So after nearly a year of learning, diagnosing, tracking down new and used parts, and spending several dollars each month on parts, etc., its all back together and everything appears to work great. The tractor does not appear to groan like it used to. I think all the new bearings and races are creating a quieter tractor. A big thank you out to Jean Claude Marleau, Mel and few other fellows here for good used parts, and their awesome knowledge of repairing these tractors!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back