1963 4010 Load Sensing Rod problem

Hello,

I am putting a new load sensing rod in my tractor. I have all of the new parts and have got it all apart except for the bushings. What is the proper method of getting those buggers out? I tried to reach through from the opposite side and beat it out with a punch but there is such a small lip I can't get a good whack at it.

I have the new style bushings to go back in. JD # R221297. These have a groove in the center where I assume the O-ring, JD # A3606R, goes into.

Thanks for your assistance

Tom
 
I replaced mine a couple years ago....and I totally agree - - - getting the bushings out was quite a chore! What I wound up doing is using a dremel tool to cut slots in the bushing then using a chisel to loosen them up. I then had to make a tool which allowed me to reach across from one side to the other giving me a better reach on the lip that is there (which isn"t much).

I"m sure there is a fancy tool or process for it...but I had to get creative and learn some patience with that one.
 
I use a piece of 5/8 shaft and cut it off square in a cut off saw so there is a nice smooth square edge to hold to the bushing, I cut it off a little bit every time ,seems to work. If it gets rounded even a little bit it won't catch the edge.
 
Tim is right. Get a rod and square it off and drive the bushings out from the opposite side. They usually come right out. You may have to put the rod in different spots to make it come out more easily. Mike
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top