1963 4010 load sensing rod.

The right side of the load sensing rod ( for the 3 point) is leaking a little bit. I ordered the new parts but I have never changed one before. How hard does the rod come out? Will I need to remove a rear tire or is there room to get the old rod out and new one in? Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you
 
The rod should come out easily. If the tires are set in real close and there are inside weights it seems to me it MAY be necessary to move the tractor so that a notch in the weight lines up with the load control shaft for extra clearance.

Be SURE to him up the drawbar frame so there's no side-to-side movement which will tear out the new seals.

Some guys SWEAR by the aftermarket seals made by Boling machine. Something to consider. Some Deere dealers apparently carry them as well as the OEM seals.

(I see they list 4020 but NOT 4010... don't know what's up with that, but a phone call would clear that up.)
Boling
 
The shims are between the hitch yoke and the main case you'll find them when you tear it apart. Definatly go with the new style bushing, and get a new shaft as well and you'll probably never do it again. More then likely if you have 34" inch tires your going to have to move a wheel out on the axle if you've got them moved in for 30" rows- if you have 38" rubber you might make it, it just depends on the situation of where your wheels are and what size. Not a bad job just time consuming.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top