1964 2010 radiator removal

drmax

New User
Hi all,
I am trying to remove the radiator on my 1964 JD 2010. I have removed all the bolts I can find, but it sure feels like it is still bolted in. That lower hose is a real treat pain in the rear. Are there any hidden bolts? Is there a service manual online? Or maybe a service manual for sale?
Appreciate any advice from anyone with experience on how to get that thing out.
Thanks!
Drmax

Hi all,
I am trying to remove the radiator on my 1964 JD 2010. I have removed all the bolts I can find, but it sure feels like it is still bolted in. That lower hose is a real treat pain in the rear. Are there any hidden bolts? Is there a service manual online? Or maybe a service manual for sale?
Appreciate any advice from anyone with experience on how to get that thing out.
Thanks!
Drmax
Welcome to the forums.

This sites store sells manuals. Click on Tractor Manuals in the banner near the top of the page.

Did you get the two at the bottom of the radiator?

Capture.JPG

Just got one bolt. Will go back out and try to get the second. Any input on a good spot to order a new radiator? I am going to take this to a local shop and see if it can be rebuilt too. Did see, just after posting of course the link to the manuals, 100 smackers, but probably worth it.
Thanks Jim.ME!

Just got one bolt. Will go back out and try to get the second. Any input on a good spot to order a new radiator? I am going to take this to a local shop and see if it can be rebuilt too. Did see, just after posting of course the link to the manuals, 100 smackers, but probably worth it.
Thanks Jim.ME!
Good luck on a radiator, hopefully yours can be repaired. You will likely have better luck finding one for a wheel tractor. The guys with 2010Cs (crawlers) are finding the radiators are not available and are having to rework other radiators to fit.

You can download a copy of the Operator's Manual from the John Deere Ag and Turf Bookstore, for free. Here is a link to the bookstore.

JD Ag & Turf bookstore

Click on Equipment Publications to go to the search page.

Enter 2010 in the Model search box, then click the search icon.

It should give a dropdown list of equipment with 2010 in their titles, click on the 2010. That will get you another dropdown list. You are looking for Tractors, Base Units, North American. There are a number of choices. You need to find the style of your 2010 and the right serial number range for yours. When you find the best match, you will see all the manuals (and the JD Publication numbers) available for your tractor and prices. To the right of the Operator's Manual title, you should see the download icon. Click on the Download icon to download a free pdf copy to your computer or other device. Save it to your device. You then have it to print or view when you want.

Guys, I just wanted to come back and thank you all for the help.
The blow up diagram showed the 2 bolts I needed to loosen, and once they were out I got the radiator removed.
I have taken it to a local radiator repair shop, I am told it will likely need a recore. I could only find one source for a radiator online, I am hoping they can just rebuild the one I have.
Thanks again!
drmax

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back