1966 ford 3000 diesel fuel line

On the side of the CAV injector pump that connects the fuel line from the fuel filter to the pump. the end that bolts onto the injector pump looks like a Banjo fitting with a banjo bolt thru it. There is a red fiber wsher on either side of the fitting. The short pipe that is made onto the fitting leaks at the connection. Looking for a new replacement line with the Banjo fitting on it. Can you help me?.

(quoted from post at 19:18:35 09/15/22) On the side of the CAV injector pump that connects the fuel line from the fuel filter to the pump. the end that bolts onto the injector pump looks like a Banjo fitting with a banjo bolt thru it. There is a red fiber wsher on either side of the fitting. The short pipe that is made onto the fitting leaks at the connection. Looking for a new replacement line with the Banjo fitting on it. Can you help me?.

Is it a plastic line.

(quoted from post at 22:12:12 09/15/22)
(quoted from post at 19:18:35 09/15/22) On the side of the CAV injector pump that connects the fuel line from the fuel filter to the pump. the end that bolts onto the injector pump looks like a Banjo fitting with a banjo bolt thru it. There is a red fiber wsher on either side of the fitting. The short pipe that is made onto the fitting leaks at the connection. Looking for a new replacement line with the Banjo fitting on it. Can you help me?.

Is it a plastic line.
No, it is a metal line and the joint where it connects to the Banjo fitting looks like it might be a sweated fiting.

(quoted from post at 07:49:45 09/16/22)

Is it a plastic line.
No, it is a metal line and the joint where it connects to the Banjo fitting looks like it might be a sweated fiting.

My recollection is Ford changed that line to plastic. There's probably a used one available, but buying a work hardened metal line isn't a good idea. If the banjo fitting is sweated on, you might be able to remove it, clean it up, and reuse it on a plastic line. Sounds like you want a new line and don't want to go through all this. You can call Messick's parts department and ask if a new line is available. They have pricing posted online but don't show any in stock. This might mean it's NLA. They'll need to know whether your fuel filter body is single or dual element as the line changes part numbers.

Ford also used an elbow on the side of the pump in combination with a metal line and crush washer in lieu of the banjo fitting style line. You might think about eliminating the banjo fitting line and replacing it with this.

First you're going to have to determine whether a new banjo style line is available and if not, then whether you want to build one. If not, then there's the option of switching to the second design, which is much simpler.

(quoted from post at 11:39:14 09/16/22)
(quoted from post at 07:49:45 09/16/22)

Is it a plastic line.

My recollection is Ford changed that line to plastic. There's probably a used one available, but buying a work hardened metal line isn't a good idea. If the banjo fitting is sweated on, you might be able to remove it, clean it up, and reuse it on a plastic line. Sounds like you want a new line and don't want to go through all this. You can call Messick's parts department and ask if a new line is available. They have pricing posted online but don't show any in stock. This might mean it's NLA. They'll need to know whether your fuel filter body is single or dual element as the line changes part numbers.

Ford also used an elbow on the side of the pump in combination with a metal line and crush washer in lieu of the banjo fitting style line. You might think about eliminating the banjo fitting line and replacing it with this.

First you're going to have to determine whether a new banjo style line is available and if not, then whether you want to build one. If not, then there's the option of switching to the second design, which is much simpler.
Thanks.I've contacted Messicks and Wengers buiut no one has the part. Wengers said he knows what I'm looking for but doesn't have it.

You're going to need a banjo fitting.

Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3832922759...amp;customid=76f91f9c5b3214a2f25d7cb4b4d2e146

Or, like this: https://www.darwendiesels.com/69-fuel-banjos?p=2

You will notice Darwin Diesel has both a fitting with a 1/2" bolt hole and a fitting with a 14mm bolt hole. You'll need to measure your banjo fitting to figure out what you have. If I have it right, your bolt is 1/2" Diameter x 20 Thread x 23.5mm Long. Maybe a 1/2" fitting will work but it's not local. I believe a 14mm fitting will do fine.

You need a piece of plastic line. Parker makes 5/16" plastic air line (truck application) that also works for fuel. A banjo fitting with a 6mm OD hose barb will fit inside. A 7mm OD is going to exercise you a bit. You heat the line in very hot water before you insert the fitting.

If we're both on the same page, your fuel line has one 90 degree bend back to the fuel filter housing. You make that bend the same way. Heat the bend area with hot water and hold it at 90 degrees until it air cools or cool it down with cold water. On the fuel housing side, there is a ferrule that goes inside the fuel line and another on the outside. A nut slips over the line before you install the external ferrule.

That's what Ford made to replace the style of line you have. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but something to think about.

Here's another approach to the problem. Looks like a plastic line gone bad to me, but the concept is the same. I'd use Oetiker clamps instead of worm gear clamps, but that's a personal obsession.
mvphoto97403.jpg

My '65 was bought used 30 years ago. I have the CAV pump with 2 filters. The second filter is connected to the engine via short
sections of fuel line hose and screw type SS clamps clamping onto what's left of the steel OEM fuel lines to the engine/pump. In
that time I have maybe replaced the hoses 3 times. Periodic tightening of the clamp is part of my servicing routine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back