1968 Ford 3000 Diesel

Lew565

I have a 1968 Ford 3000 diesel with a Simms Fuel Injector pump. That pump has a small copper tube with a cricle bend on the end. Mine has developed a hole just above the circle bend. I assume this tube is a drain tube, but am not sure. The circle seems to be an air lock of some type. Fuel leaks out of the hole just above the tube circle. Would appreciate any information anyone can provide about the function of this tube and where I can get a replacement. Thank you so much for your help. Sincerely, Lew Francis

Thank you so much Dieseltech for your response to my post. I really do appreciate your response. If I might impose on you with an additional question.
because I am somewhat of a sticker to keep my yesterday's tractor as it was, can you tell me if you know of anywhere I can get a replacement tube. Thanks in advance for your response. Lew Francis

You ought to pull the drain plug and see whats in there. Lot times they are full of water. Being full of fuel is not bad, but if the level is that high, the oil has been in there long enough anyway.

Thank you so much Fritz Maurer for your reply to my posted question. I really appreciate your response and will follow your suggestion. Sincerely, Lew Francis

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back