1975 John Deere 830

rwolak

New User
I have a 75 John Deere 830 that won't move in reverse or shift into park. gear has welded itself to a shaft per the local John Deere dealer. Checking salvage yards for the whole rear end. Will other models cross fit? say from a 2020, 2030 or 2040?

Welcome to this forum
Has tractor been operated with extremely low hyd oil level?? Will transmission operate in fwd in both low & high ranges? One limiting factor to interchanging(swapping) complete trans component is that 830 has open-center hyd system & only 820,830 & 2040 up to serial # 266749 have OC hyd systems.

Welcome to this forum
Has tractor been operated with extremely low hyd oil level?? Will transmission operate in fwd in both low & high ranges? One limiting factor to interchanging(swapping) complete trans component is that 830 has open-center hyd system & only 820,830 & 2040 up to serial # 266749 have OC hyd systems.
Hi Jim,
Oil level has been fine, not sure what caused the lockup. Service manager said it looked like there was adequate oil present when they opened it up. Don't know yet if they checked the screen or filter. Only low range, forward is working.
Thanks

Hi Jim,
Oil level has been fine, not sure what caused the lockup. Service manager said it looked like there was adequate oil present when they opened it up. Don't know yet if they checked the screen or filter. Only low range, forward is working.
Thanks
Was the tractor towed without the engine running and without the shifters in the correct place for towing, that can be an issue with some models, I'm not sure about this one.

Was the tractor towed without the engine running and without the shifters in the correct place for towing, that can be an issue with some models, I'm not sure about this one.
Hasn’t been towed, I’ve owned it six plus years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back