1980 JD 410 D No brakes.

snogo

New User
Recently purchased a 1980 JD 410 Diesel Backhoe and have no brakes. Everything else works good, with no real issues, no leaks all in all pretty solid. Previous owner stated brakes have always worked so he was puzzled as to why now no brakes. The brake pedal has no real resistance, (pressure ) and does nothing when applied. I did see the bleed screws on the axle but questioning why they would need to be bled if they previously were okay ? It's been sitting since last fall and started right up after charging the battery. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.

Recently purchased a 1980 JD 410 Diesel Backhoe and have no brakes. Everything else works good, with no real issues, no leaks all in all pretty solid. Previous owner stated brakes have always worked so he was puzzled as to why now no brakes. The brake pedal has no real resistance, (pressure ) and does nothing when applied. I did see the bleed screws on the axle but questioning why they would need to be bled if they previously were okay ? It's been sitting since last fall and started right up after charging the battery. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.
Try bleeding the brakes. The seals might be getting weak, and they bled off while setting over the winter.

Try bleeding the brakes. The seals might be getting weak, and they bled off while setting over the winter.
Appreciate the advice, Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back