Mitch Poindexter
Member
Digging deeper into the Over/Under. I've used a cylinder hone to clean up the piston ring surfaces on the inside of the Sun Gear and it has cleaned up nicely where the output shaft rings set, but the Planetary Gear Support surface where the 3rd ring from the Sun Gear rides doesn't seem to want to clean up as well as I would like with the hone. I'm not sure the pics will do it justice, but the sealing surfaces from the 1st 2 rings are pretty good, the 3rd not so much. Any thoughts on whether this is going to cause us much in the way of problems?
Also, third pic shows the input shaft support seal. There appears to be a thin film of glue that was used the last time to glue the seal in place? Does that make sense to anyone? If that is standard procedure, what glue should I be using here? Guessing that my daughter's Elmer's contruction paper glue isn't going to meet spec...
Also, third pic shows the input shaft support seal. There appears to be a thin film of glue that was used the last time to glue the seal in place? Does that make sense to anyone? If that is standard procedure, what glue should I be using here? Guessing that my daughter's Elmer's contruction paper glue isn't going to meet spec...