2005 Massey Ferguson paint code? and Painting.

Tazzerblue

New User
Ok, I want to paint the loader to match the tractor. Tractor is a 7495. Did they paint the frame of loader gray and rest red? Loader is mf 1090. currently black and some rust flaking paint.
I plan on wet sandblasting the loader, is a phosphoric acid mix what you recommend to spray after to prevent flash rusting? or is there something better? Also What will show like the tractor, base plus clear coat or one step? Enamel or Urethane?

Ok, I want to paint the loader to match the tractor. Tractor is a 7495. Did they paint the frame of loader gray and rest red? Loader is mf 1090. currently black and some rust flaking paint.
I plan on wet sandblasting the loader, is a phosphoric acid mix what you recommend to spray after to prevent flash rusting? or is there something better? Also What will show like the tractor, base plus clear coat or one step? Enamel or Urethane?
Last I knew MFs are red. Red is very bad to fade and get dull unless you use half decent paint. You want to use phosphoric acid but not for preventing flash rusting. I use an alcohol saturated cloth to wipe down right after washing after blasting. It will dry quickly enough that there is pretty much no rust. The Phos acid is to "kill" the rust that is hiding in pits. You want to rinse well after letting it "work for 15 minutes. I use mostly Acrylic enamel for my painting of anything that I want to last for a few years. Especially if I am doing more prep than just cleaning grease off. Acrylic costs twice as much as Implement paint bust lasts ten times longer. It is 1/10 the cost of "good" automotive paint

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back