2021 National Plowing Contest

Mike Fitz

August 11-14, the Iowa Plowing Association will be hosting the Marshall Co Ag Expo and 2021 National Plowing Contest.

Approximately fifty plowmen will compete for state and national titles. Horse plowing contest on Thursday, 8/12.

See website for full schedule of events.

For more info: www.iowaplowing.org or Marshall County Ag Expo on Facebook.

Machinery old and new! Good food! Free admission and all are invited!

Golf carts and ATVs allowed. The site is 8 miles north of Marshalltown, IA.
cvphoto96770.png

Iowa Plowing Association website with videos

How does one competing? Invited?
Antique plow means what ?
Only ask cause wanted to see Oliver 7 or Allis chalmers 4 compete. Im familiar with these models

Thanks , I may be traveling that way to Kansas around that time wanted to stop if the interested antique are in operation.

Regarding the questions about who can compete. First, I have no authority as I am just a former member of the Iowa plowing association. As I recall, to plow in the Iowa state contests one needs to pay their dues to IPA, be from Iowa, and have a tractor and plow that meets the requirements of the particular division. For someone to participate in the national contest, as I recall, one must finish in the top two or three in last years State contest for their particular division. For example there are separate contests for antique, small plow, maybe large plow, maybe kverneland plow. I believe the IPA website explains the divisions and requirements. FWIW I plan to plow in the state antique contest on Wednesday and I havent done competition plowing for close to 20 years.

Thank you IA farm guy!
You got the basic parameters right! There are currently three classes, Antique, requiring all mechanical plows with blacksmith plow shares in as original a condition as possible( rubber tires on cut down steel wheels are ok) tractors 1951 and older( I'm not sure of the year and don't have my rule book handy) The open class, basically any tractor and plow combination as long as it is not a designed competition plow I.E. Kevernaland, Fiskars, etc.. Small plow class where within some limits anything goes for equipment( no modern electronic aids, GPS, auto steer etc allowed). The pre qualifying part is essentially accurate for the national contest, you would be able to compete in the state contest on Wednesday, but it would be good to let us know so we can plan for allocating practice and competition plots. Actually there are four classes there is a class for reversible plows too but there are only a few people who compete in it. Plows are generally 2-3 bottom pull plows in the antique and open class, but 4 bottom and larger can compete too.
Please feel free to come join us, it is an enjoyable way to use your vintage machinery.Please visit our web site for more detailed information!
Thanks agin
Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back