2135 3point

Guy I know had a 2135 and the 3 point does not work at all. Tractor has been sitting, just recently got it going. I have not been to look at it yet, but is there anything special I should look for? I have to
check over for myself, but lets assume the fluid level is correct and the pump is working. I dont hear any pump whining noises when the tractor is running. From what I was told over the phone, it will not even
try to lift or do anything.

My JD has a hyd pump main disconnect-did these tractors have something similar?

Revisiting this I pulled the top cover and found parts of the dash pot laying in the bottom of the case. I am assuming this would keep the arms from lifting? I have both the factory manual and the IT manual but both are rather unclear on how this system operates.

Also it appears that something may be missing on the pump control level, about halfway down? See photos

Tractor has the dual stage clutch, so I held down the pedal with a clamp, engaged the pto, and turn the hydraulic pump by turning the pto shaft and the pump appears to be working as I get oil out of the discharge port

cvphoto155885.jpg

cvphoto155886.jpg

cvphoto155887.jpg

The first picture is showing the hydraulic actuator lever is off the pump.It's visible to the lower left. It is the black forked piece. That might of came off when you lifted the pump though. Mine did on my 2135 yesterday as i tried to pick it up. There is a tiny pin with 2 tiny cones that hold it on the pump control valve that is in the pump Looks like your plate is bent as well causing it to come off. The forks have a roller that engages the draft and position control levers (linkage ) that are coming from the lift cover. I'd suspect that is more your problem than the dashpot. I believe the dashpot is more regulating the speed of lift on response.

I think your pump needs to come out for a rebuild. There are four caps that sit on either end (sorry, I dont know the appropriate terminology for them) They hold down the spring and there is supposed to be a snap ring that holds that cap that you fished out and have in your parts tray.

Your hydraulic filter looked pretty plugged also, so might not be too bad of an idea to get things cleaned up in there anyway.

There are a couple of good videos on pump removals and rebuilds if you go looking for them. Bundy Bears Shed on YouTube has a good series on his 135 playlist, and there is another one that shows up if you do a little internet sleuthing for it. (Not sure if I can link it since they also try to sell repair parts and thats a competitor to YT)

Not sure about your control linkage just yet, but you will probably want to take a good look once you get the pump feeling OK again.

(quoted from post at 02:57:31 06/06/23)
I think your pump needs to come out for a rebuild. There are four caps that sit on either end (sorry, I dont know the appropriate terminology for them) They hold down the spring and there is supposed to be a snap ring that holds that cap that you fished out and have in your parts tray.

Your hydraulic filter looked pretty plugged also, so might not be too bad of an idea to get things cleaned up in there anyway.

There are a couple of good videos on pump removals and rebuilds if you go looking for them. Bundy Bears Shed on YouTube has a good series on his 135 playlist, and there is another one that shows up if you do a little internet sleuthing for it. (Not sure if I can link it since they also try to sell repair parts and thats a competitor to YT)

Not sure about your control linkage just yet, but you will probably want to take a good look once you get the pump feeling OK again.

Filter and fluid will be changed out when it goes back together. The pieces I found in the bottom of the case were from the dashpot, not the pump. After a little bit of studying I have a better idea on how this system operates.

Tractor has a dual clutch so I pushed the pedal down and held it down with a clamp, engaged the pto, and turned the pto shaft by hand (turning the hydraulic pump via the pto shaft) and I can make it squirt oil out the pressure tube, so the pump is doing something.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back