2444 Battery Cover

My 2444 sits outside 24/7 and the battery in the fender is exposed to the elements. Im considering ordering a factory battery cover for it, but I have no idea how it mounts or works. Does anyone have a pic of one installed on their 2444, 444, or 424? Or would I be better off just putting a plastic bag over the battery when not in use?

Would be better to just put a tarp over the whole control area from the hoe swivel to the front of the gauges across the fender to keep water out of plugs and levers. These are places where water gets into gear boxes and hydraulic reservoirs. Or option 2 would be to build a roof you could park it under for most of the weather to be kept off from it. the worst is snow setting and soaking through places.

You could get a battery box for a boat. If you actually found an original lid for your machine it would probably be kerching! I agree with cat guy you are harming other things much more than the battery by having it out in the elements. We used to leave an H and M out quite a bit with no battery box, do not really think it hurt anything. The distributors getting wet and them not starting was a bigger problem.

(quoted from post at 02:59:34 04/20/22) Im considering ordering a factory battery cover for it, but I have no idea how it mounts or works. Does anyone have a pic of one installed on their 2444, 444, or 424
Not sure if they'd be available new. May need to look for a good used cover (or repairable cover). Don't have a great pic but you can see in the two pics below. The cover has a bend in the top, that slides under a lip on the fender. Then two j-bolts hold cover down against the battery, holding the battery in position. It's just a cover, not a complete box. On the gasser version at least, the battery is small. Group 22NF

mvphoto90999.jpg

mvphoto91000.jpg

Thought I could give you a part #. But my book shows only the fenders and the fender platforms. No battery cover! Anyway, the part # for the left hand fender is 388 393 R91 if that helps you in any way.

Tim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back