245 farm loader serial number location?

DBWOOD

New User
I am trying to find a serial number or ID tag for the 245 loader to be able to identify it for parts purposes. The boom cylinder rod is 1.571" which is an odd size in both the english and metric system. Some hydraulics parts suppliers list a cylinder seal kit for this model loader but they list 1.500" rod size. My search of this site yielded another member looking for seal kit that also listed 1.571" shaft and Tx Jim provided the part numbers, I copied down that information. What I would like to know is if there is originally a tag or stamping location with the 245 loader serial number so I can locate that to help with parts issues in the future. Thanks, DB
mvphoto45523.jpg

I just happen to have my 245 manual on my desk. The decal with the serial number is on the inside of the left loader arm. Right where your picture is taken but on the inside of the loader arm by the tractor hood.

Thanks guys, you were right. I had looked all around from the outside and just did not see that. I went down and looked this morning and there it was. I took the loader off the machine today, to prep for the other work on the tractor. The left side lift cylinder leaks a constant drip from behind the barrel nut (not from the rod seal). Once I can positively identify the cylinder I will have to get it apart and obtain the right parts to rebuild it. Thanks again Timbertime 2 and TX Jim for the help. DB
mvphoto45543.jpg

mvphoto45544.jpg

JD offered several different seal kits but after reading the sub #s & parts descriptions I think the following part # is correct for your loaders SN range. AH212092

Thanks TX Jim. I traced through the JD online parts catalog and agree with your recommendation for that seal kit. I ordered an OEM John Deere kit AH212092 and I think that should solve that leak as long as the guide and cylinder barrel are in good condition at the sealing surfaces. Thanks again for the help!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back