2610 - Delay When Shifted into Reverse

eodtek32-HT

New User
Running a 2610... I have noticed over the last couple of spring/summers that there is a delay between shifting into reverse and the actual engagement of the transmission. This issue is present in the cooler weather however it takes a lot longer to become apparent as I believe that this issue may be related to the internal temperature of the tranny.

As this becomes more of an issue during hotter weather or after longer use I need to rev the engine to around 2500 rpms before Reverse engages. I have also noticed that when I shift the transfer case into a lower setting the shifting into reverse is reduced.

I have changed the tranny fluid as part of the checking the screen filter. Fluid levels are within spec.

Could there perhaps be a pressure activated valve that is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Brian

Here is the trouble shooting page out of teh 226 service manual that would likely apply to your 2610. <ATTACHMENT filename="2023-05-10-025706.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>2023-05-10-025706.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

34251_ca0d7188127635799a45541dea82fe79.jpg

Winston - Thanks for the quick response... been multi-tasking. I will look into the possible issues of the relief valve and/or internal pump. Is this manual available here at Hoye tractor? Is this the service manual that is offered?

Thanks again,

Brian

you will have to contact Hoye to get the closest manual for your 2610. It will be a manual made for the US sold Yanmars. All the powershifts pretty much work the same.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back