262 gas into a WD

Pig_Iron

New User
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I wanna put a 262 into a wd. I have the adapter plate, but what else would I need? I have access to a junk D17D if that helps. can I use the starter and flywheel out of the D17? Would I need a WD45D radiator or is there an automotive aluminum one I can fit in there? Fab work for a front motor mount and front end etc isnt going to be a problem. Any guidance would be appreciated.
 
I think the D17 flywheel is to big to go between the frame rails. It would be best if you had one turned out of good steel it would be safer. Your starter should work. since the 262 should turn over easier than the 226. The WD radiator should work ok to pull with.I would use a electric fan, and maybe a electric water pump. If you are going to farm with it I would get one from a sprint car they are about the right size and at least 4 cores thick. While you are at it find a bent sprint car front axle and hubs. They are strong and lite.
 
If the flywheel from a Buda 230 WD45 Diesel is needed, I have one laying around here. I ran a D19 262 crank with this flywheel in my WD45D puller.
 
Hey tractornutt, would you be willing to sell that wd45 diesel flywheel? send me an email big6t9chevy at yahoo dot com.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top