2940 Control Valve Housing Leak

jeanyv

New User
I have a leak between the two control valve housings, I have replace the O-rings twice now. I have taken great care to ensure all surfaceses are clean. I am am still getting leakage from between the housings.

I would appreacite any imput on this problem. I need to get this tracor back in use.
 
I'm thinking that you mean the selective control valves ? I wonder if the lever shaft o-ring is what you have leaking, and not the joining o-rings that you have been changeing,,just a loose thought...
 
The leak is from between the housings. The O-rings were changed 10 months ago, the leak did stop at that time. It has started again.

I just changed the O-rings again today. The leak has slowed down, but is still leaking. You can see the fluid seping out between the housings.
 
ASSUMING you have the right rings in there, and good bolts that are TIGHT, you may have a crack in one of the castings.
 
Yes that is a posibilty,are you putting the "correct" Deere Part no. o-rings back in ? There is a difference,thickness,proper dia.Quad-ring or round,and of course cleaning both houseing good,,the houseing don't often crack, but they can... Be glad you don't have a Sound Qard body on,,they are under neath on those, a nasty job to change...I would rather get a tooth knocked out as to do one of them....
 
A crack would be a logical assumption. Besides Deere what are the alternatives for used or new housings.
 
(quoted from post at 22:48:16 11/01/09) A crack would be a logical assumption. Besides Deere what are the alternatives for used or new housings.

You can look on JDparts.com and I believe you can order just the part you need.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top