liam

New User
My '47 2N 3 pt. doesn't raise with a load. I removed side cover and relief valve moves freely and there is no leakage that I can see but there is turbulence from pump area when its running.

Should I rebuild or replace the entire pump or...?

Thanks for any and all replies!
 
You can replace the pump if you want to, but it would be a lot cheaper to replace the pressure relief valve.

I'd drop the pump, clean it, replace the valve & put it back together. And replace the PTO seal while that's out.
50 Tips
 
"I removed side cover and relief valve moves freely " That doesn't make sense. Unless you tear the relief valve apart, there is nothing for you to move or observe moving, regarding that relief valve. The moving parts of the pump will stir the oil as well as the rotation of the PTO shaft.
 
If you have fluid still in it you can for the most part not see the relief valve, but if it is stuck open you would see movement in that area. Either way any place you see fluid moving is where the problem is. On an 8N I had I found blown gaskets in the pump area and replaced the gaskets and the relief valve and the cylinder with the new improved NAA type and the lift would hold a load for months after that. Total cost less then $100 if you did not include the new fluid
 
first thing you need to do is look at an exploded diagram of your pump so you can get on the same page as the rest of us and ID parts by proper names so we are all talking the same thing.

I think you meant to say the control fork was moving the intake valve freely.. not the relief valve.. etc.

soundguy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top