2N with loose gear shift

Baumanm

New User
I have a 2N with a loose gear shift. I pulled the boot up and examined the pin for the shifter. The end I can see looks like the tip of a flathead screwdriver. Obviously that will get replaced. My two questions are; 1) Can I simply put the tranny in the neutral position and pull the shift lever out to remove the pin? 2) What should the slot that the pin rides in look like? I ll try and post a picture, but the slot looks like an upside down key hole. Is this the way it is supposed to be or is it worn. Tractor is new to me, so no idea how long it s been like this. I can actually pull up on the lever about 3/4" or more.

The cover will have to be removed it has a spring and a C-clip holding it down.

Ford 9N Gear Shift Lever SpringGear Shift Lever Spring - This gear shift lever spring fits tractors with a 3 or 4 speed transmission, or 4 speed Torque Converter Transmission, It is 2.210 inches tall, 1.768 inch tapers to 1.003 inch outside diameter, 0.140 inch wide diameter. It is for tractor models 8N, 9N, 2N. (Item #: 155070, Ref: 9N7227B

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back