2N won''t fire

ratnester

Member
I went to fire up my 2N last weekend and it wouldn't fire at all. I wouldn't even hit on starting fluid. Plugs got wet so I know it's getting fuel.

So, I believe it's a spark issue. I can pull any plug and see spark but it looks weak. It will not jump 1/4" using my adjustable spark tester. Any ideas or what I should try first?
 
" Plugs got wet so I know it's getting fuel."

That means you flooded it. First, replace the plugs. you flooded it, they're fouled & it will be it next to impossible to start. You don't need to toss them;
heat the tips for a few seconds w/ a propane torch to burn off the invisible spark-robbing deposits from today's additive filled gasoline........or wash them in
brake cleaner.

The number one cause of a weak or no spark is a weak battery. A fully charged 12v battery will read 12.65 volts with specific gravity in each cell at 1.265. A
fully charged 6 volt battery is 6.32 volts. At 12.03 volts and 6.03 volts, the battery is only 25% charged. If that is what you see, you have a battery problem.
Your battery could have enough charge to turn the starter, but not enough left for the ignition.

If cleaning the plugs and charging the battery don't work, then pull the distributor and clean/gap the points as R Geiger suggested.
75 Tips
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top