2TR15 Valve seats - Other valve Parts

TymerTopCat

New User
Hi, does anyone know where I would get:
Valve Seats, Valve Guides, Valve Springs, Valve seals for Yanmar 2TR15.

Pretty sure the Valve Guides are removable, but I don't know if Valve Seats are replaceable.

Thanks.

Russ

But no Valve Seats?
I'm not certain if these Yanmar engines use valve seats. Does your head actually have them?

I did a full search on valve seats across all Yanmar YM series and Deere 50 Series on the Fredricks Equipment site. Nothing tuned up for valve seats.

1706372320767.png

1706372377478.png

The 220/226 repair manual give all the specs for the valve seats but makes no mention of changing them out. I believe a good machine shop could probably fit your head with inserts.

Yeah, this was in my original question, I don't know if Yanmar used replaceable valve seats in 2TR15, hence my original question.

So, my guess at this time is that the head does not have replaceable valve seats.

I will look closer at the head and see how they were manufactured.
The 220/226 repair manual give all the specs for the valve seats but makes no mention of changing them out. I believe a good machine shop could probably fit your head with inserts.
Thanks for letting me know that a good machine shop (which is getting really hard to find), could fit the head for inserts. I hadn't thought of that solution.

Interesting that Yanmar didn't use replacement valve seats as most of the other parts have replacements for wear points.
They obviously engineered that intentionally.

What is really interesting to me, is the Camshaft.
One side is a roller bearing (Front), and the end near flywheel, does not use a bushing or anything.
It's just the engine block iron.
I would love to know the engineering of that.
I completely do not understand that.

-Russ

Yeah, this was in my original question, I don't know if Yanmar used replaceable valve seats in 2TR15, hence my original question.

So, my guess at this time is that the head does not have replaceable valve seats.

I will look closer at the head and see how they were manufactured.

Thanks for letting me know that a good machine shop (which is getting really hard to find), could fit the head for inserts. I hadn't thought of that solution.

Interesting that Yanmar didn't use replacement valve seats as most of the other parts have replacements for wear points.
They obviously engineered that intentionally.

What is really interesting to me, is the Camshaft.
One side is a roller bearing (Front), and the end near flywheel, does not use a bushing or anything.
It's just the engine block iron.
I would love to know the engineering of that.
I completely do not understand that.

-Russ
Are there not bearings and seals on the ends of the camshaft? The 2-cylinder engines are very basic compared to the 3-cylinder types.

Are there not bearings and seals on the ends of the camshaft? The 2-cylinder engines are very basic compared to the 3-cylinder types.
There is no seal on flywheel side, just a knock out plug (similar to a freeze plug), the cam runs directly on the block steel.
The Front does have a roller bearing, kinda big too. But not sure about the seal, I don't think there is a seal. The cam is behind a large aluminum cover so I don't think it needs one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back