3 Oliver pullers

tom upton

Member
Finished up the pulling season last night in Orrilla, night before at Bobcaygeon. Both great nights for a tractor pull. Feel kinda down that I have to put them away for the winter shortly. A fellow came up to me last night and asked what makes old Olivers such good pullers? I said simple they were the best tractor ever built!
1791155213199.png
 
Finished up the pulling season last night in Orrilla, night before at Bobcaygeon. Both great nights for a tractor pull. Feel kinda down that I have to put them away for the winter shortly. A fellow came up to me last night and asked what makes old Olivers such good pullers? I said simple they were the best tractor ever built!
View attachment 166092
Shipping weight per potential HP are a big factor. gm
 
Interesting front axle on the 88 RC.
Its partly 66 . I wanted to have a wide front on it v/s the more common narrow , but wanted to keep it as light as possible so fabbed it up using the 66 outer ends and tierods. Made the pipe axle as light as I dared then got scared it might bend if it came down hard so added the gusset under it that worked out well for a custom made wishbone to tie into it. Actually came out about 10 pounds lighter than a 66 narrow front. Turned out right around 4000 pounds anyway which is good as most classes I pull in are 4500.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top