3 point ChipperChinese gotten any better?

F100Panel

I seem to remember a Chinese Tractor forum here at YT years ago.. Gone now?
But back to point.. 2005ish bought a couple new Jinma Tractors.. Crude but sturdy work horses for the money., Got friendly with the importer who would telk me what Chinese products were good and what to stay away from.. Was told to stayvaway from anything welded especially hydraulic cylinders/ the ends would come off.. He was iffy on the Chinese/Jinma Chippers.
Took a chance and bought one.. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE .
Currently as I get older I seek to work smarter not harder.l Am current cleaning up the property and get my diesel trailer mounted HEAVY chipper as close as I can and end up hauling a lot back to the chipper.. Currently thinking maybe a 3 point tractor mounted chipper could be briught right to wherecI am cutting 85% of the time and save all that transporting..
OK..
Looking around I see this totally self contained chipper kinda cheap..on Amazon..
Something told me to look up Jimna ( Chinese ) Chipper..
Seems this chipper on Amazon based on resemblance is a Chinese /Jinma Chipper somebody has upgraded to self contained hydraulic feed.. The original mechanical feed Chinese chippers were junk in 2005..
Questionanybody know if the base machine used here/a Chinese Jinma Chipper are any better now 16 years later than the junk I bought in 2005?
Anazin Chipper

Never had one, but it's a total roll of the dice. A few years back there was a story in the Lexington Herald about how Ann Tarter and her kids was suing her brother and some Chinese guy for supplying Tarter with some junk gear boxes for their rotary cutters. Her brother was supposed to procure them with a certain quality, and Ann alleged that he and the Chinese guy supplied them with cheaper gear boxes and pocketed the difference. Tarter had to buy back all the rotary cutters with those boxes on them. I never heard how the suit turned out, but it just depends on the supplier of the components apparently.

The link to the Chipper I talk about above not working..
TryThis:

https://www.amazon.com/WC8H-Wood-Chipper-independent-hydraulics/dp/B079TGX58S/ref=sr_1_6?crid=18LXSF7G8QACO&dchild=1&keywords=8+wood+chipper&qid=1635071178&qsid=138-0845811-0836050&sprefix=8+wood+chipp%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-6&sres=B07Q8BYGRB%2CB07SGYCLZJ%2CB09DXG2WT2%2CB07Q4F2QJM%2CB01N3UWC20%2CB079TGX58S%2CB08Z5PZ117%2CB017JI5OB0%2CB08WJMVZ7L%2CB005G2S86K%2CB01G4VTZC2%2CB07Q4D9RBV%2CB001PUFK18%2CB07QB3LR2C%2CB002KHVKQY%2CB002N338O2

cvphoto105876.jpg

Wait you mean everything coming from China isnt made in one factory and the exact same quality? Whod a thunk it
cvphoto105928.png

Nope. Way too much work with such a small setup. No feed rolls. It may be well made, but it is not worth owning. You need to spend twice as long with the chainsaw cutting branches small enough to fit in that little throat and spend the other half of your time pushing the small branched into the machine.

The machine the original post refers to is bigger, and has hyd feed rolls. Entirely different situation.

Paul

Thanks for the suggestion but with my arthritic hands I need power feed.
These machines at times need help coaxing a branch in and when the branch finally contacts the cutters and incredible vibration transmits up to your hands..

Never mind! This was in the product description This shredder mulcher features a self-feeding hydraulic hopper BUT, when you look at the specs there are no hydraulic controls :-( Bait and switch!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back