3 Point Lift Capacity?

LarryBud

Looking at a Ford 3600.

Tractor Data claims the 3 point lift rating is 1940 lbs and the machine should weigh in at around 4800 lbs operating weight.

I believe this 1940 number is at the lift arm balls. What do I dare hang off the back for a mower? Would a 1200 lbs mower be too much?

Thanks,

With 36 horse I'd be more worried about power than weight. Any 6' mower would be under the weight and about right for the power. May need some cast on the nose to steer.
AaronSEIA

I've got a Ford 3600 that I routinely mow pasture with a mower that weighs 1050 lbs. The tractor handles it fine, but the front end is light when turning with the mower lifted. You might need a bit of weight on the front.

Aaron is correct with his comments. I had a heavy duty 8 Ft. Kodiak on a 4600 SU. Plenty of Hp but, light in
the front with the cutter fully raised. Had to be very careful turning. That cutter was 1250 lbs.

I think it might help if you define what you mean by "mower" and what you plan to mow, terrain, etc. to get better responses. The CG of a 1200 lb. 3-point hitch mower will not be at the lift arm balls, it will be further out, giving it a higher effective weight.

(quoted from post at 05:50:07 01/08/23)
I think it might help if you define what you mean by "mower" and what you plan to mow, terrain, etc. to get better responses. The CG of a 1200 lb. 3-point hitch mower will not be at the lift arm balls, it will be further out, giving it a higher effective weight.

I have the tractor, looking to match the proper mower. The purpose is to mow 20 acres of terraced pasture which has been burned down and replanted into a Pollinator program. I'll need to mow down the weeds for the first couple of years. Light duty if I stay on top of it. Then, regular farm maintenance moving forward.

Trying to figure out what mower, towable? 6' on the 3 point? Can I handle a 1200lb HD Rotary cutter?

Short answer is yes it will handle a
6 foot 1200 pound 3 pt. rotary cutter
but you might need some weight on the
front. I will say a 1200 pound 6 foot
rotary cutter is definitely a heavy
6-footer. I personally would not want
a tow behind 6 foot rotary cutter. I
much prefer the 3 pt. From what you
are saying you are going to be
cutting you don't need a heavy duty
rotary cutter. Light to medium duty
would be fine and weigh a lot less.

Only time I hook up the top link on my mowers is when loading on a trailer. It allows the
mower to follow the contour of the ground w/o putting a load on the tractor. I trim mow
with a 2600 with a Rhino TW72 (6') and never have an issue.

I agree with others, 6' would be the best match for your tractor. Personally, I would go with 3 point mount. I
think 1,200 #s would be very heavy for a 6' mower. I know it's not apples to apples. but I have a 6' finish mower on
my 8n and the front end isn't too light with no additional weight.
cvphoto144521.jpg

I used to use a 9n to mow sagebrush with a 6 brush beater. Yeah, the front end was a little light and with the heavy sagebrush I had to take it slow. My point is, you should be able to handle a 6 with no problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back