I bought this M a few days ago and it had this hitch on it. I've never seen one like this and am hoping that someone out there has. It is a very well built hitch
 
A picture is better. I am assuming you had one that didn't load. But the best ones are the Saginaw ones. Again once you get a picture it will be easier to tell.
 
I'm still trying but not having any luck. Don't I just go down below and hit browse and then click on what pics I want to upload
 
I think I got the pic to upload
a222087.jpg
 
Some more pics of tractor. If anyone is needing a cheap loader I'm going to get rid of this one. I listed it in the photo ads for $200. Very straight. Looks to be an older Farmall loader
a222089.jpg

a222090.jpg
 
Front of the hitch. The hitch is set up for one or two cylinders. Bad part is that the cylinders are up on top next to the platform. Has a spring set up down on the belly where it fastens onto the tractor. If this is homemade he done an excellent job. Should never break using the M for power.
a222091.jpg
 
This tractor had been sitting in a barn unused for over 20 years. Looks to be a low houred tractor. Clutch pedal has very little side movement and gear shift has no slop. Very tight. Wasn't planning on buying any more tractors to refurbish but couldn't pass this one up. The person that I aquired it from was going to part it out. Too nice of a tractor to do that to. Thinking that the person who put it in the barn some 20 some years ago was probably the person who bought it new. Runs good and sounds strong. Will really be a nice tractor when I get it finished.
 
I am really intrigued by this hitch. Some of the welds look factory to me. Also, there is a lot of design engineering to it, like where it fastens to the belly of the tractor. I think it is a manufactured one, not home made. I can't tell from the pictures where the cylinders attach. I would like to read responses from others. Ellis
 
The eyelet hole in the casting up by the deckplate is where one end of the cylinder attaches and the other end of the cylinder is about 45 degrees down on the hitch where the long bolt is sticking out for I'm guessing a step. It has the same on the other side to hook up dual cylinders if needed. There are no cylinders on it at the moment. It has a similar setup to a 450 quick that makes the hitch stationary. If anyone needs more pics just let me know and I'll try and get more specific shots. Thanks Larry
 
I think it is either a well made home made, or prototype hitch. It has beef, but mediocre pinning and pivot points. Larger pins and bushings would be desirable. It also (kinda) looks like it could accommodate a fast hitch prong pair if two pins were pulled, and 3 point as is. Interesting. Jim
 
Thanks Jim. I can tell by looking at it that it is very strong. No bends or welds anywhere. I guess I shouldn't be in any hurry to scrap it out. Now if we can figure out the 3 point we'll have a lot of questions answered.
 
That is a Model 31 International loader. I have one I use all the time on my Super H and my son has one on his H. I have always marveled at the way that loader lifts in that it has the four bar linkage with the cylinder changing the shape of the parallelogram. Never seen that principle used on any other loader.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top